Sunday, August 26, 2012

Finally Finished


Finally finished! I started this quilt almost 3 years ago.  The fabrics are Midwest Modern II, by Amy Butler and the solid fabric is Espresso, by Moda.  The quilt top has actually been completed for some time; I just could not figure out how I wanted to quilt it.  I finally got inspiration from the Mod TV Quilt in Quilting Modern by Jacquie Gering and Katie Pedersen.  This is a great book by two very talented quilters and tons of inspiration.  If you are not familiar with the authors, check out their blogs, you will see some awesome quilts! There are a couple of teechniques in the book I will be trying out real soon.
So, I stepped out of the box a little and instead of my usual meander of loopy quilting I quilted in a lightning bolt, straight zigzag lines, in no particular pattern.  I think I like the way the quilting turned out. I have never really loved this quilt and at one point, almost unsewed the entire top.



For the binding, I did not like any one of the fabrics, so it ended up scrappy, stips from a few different prints and the brown. Again, not so sure I like it, but it is done!

 
Hope you are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Walk in the Woods said...

Wonderful quilt! I love the simplicity of design, the fab colors and the warmth this creation makes manifest ~ in so many ways!