Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Finish

Have you ever taken a just finished quilt out of the dryer and giggled at how cute it turned out?  Well, that is exactly what I just did when I saw this adorable quilt in all of it's crinklyness!

I have been wanting to make a equilateral triangle quilt ever since I saw Marit's quilt along, unfortunately I did not have the time back then.

For some reason when I saw the Bungle Jungle fabric by Tim and  Beck for Moda, I knew I would use it to make an equilateral triangle quilt top.  Using a layer cake, made it all the easier.

Using a 60 degree ruler you can cut two 7" (finished) equilateral triangles from each 10 inch square.
Having each leg of the triangle cut straight across makes it REALLY easy to sew the triangles together.

The quilting is pretty dense, I quilted curved lines in each triangle.

This is my first time making bias binding, and it was a little more time consuming, but well worth it!

I am so pleased with the way this quilt turned out!  I can't wait to make another equilateral triangle top.  Thanks to Marit for the inspiration!

 

2 comments:

Lauren said...

it's VERY cute! i too love the crinkles.

Nancy said...

It is one of my favorites! Such fun to use bright colors!